- If you planted zucchini in your garden this summer, chances are good that your kitchen is just about overflowing with it now. There are many different types of zucchini bread you can make to use it up, and Just a Taste‘s Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a good option. The loaf is loaded with chocolate chips and zucchini, which adds a hint of green color to the loaf and exposes the “secret ingredient.” You won’t taste veggies when you take a bite, however, as the moist loaf is loaded with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, as well as chocolate chips.
- Popsicles are a great thing to stock your freezer with during the summer. They’re easy to make, easy to eat and give you a perfect way to cool down and get your sweets fix at the same time. Mel Bakes Things‘ Raspberry Buttermilk Pops are sweet and tangy popsicles that should definitely be in your freezer as soon as possible. The pop recipe comes together in just over a minute, once your fresh berries are pureed and strained. Buttermilk is used where some pops might use yogurt, adding a more prounounced tanginess while still giving a hint of a creamy texture to the fruit mixture. Plus, the color is just lovely!
- Cupcake cones are one of those baked goods that just put a smile on people’s faces when they see them. They are cupcakes baked inside of an ice cream cone, and decorated to look like a frozen treat! The Vanilla Sundae Cone Cupcakes from Gluten Free Canteen are a completely gluten free version of this popular party cake. The cupcake batter starts with gluten free flour blend, include mashed banana to ensure that they stay moist, and are studded with chocolate chips to give them a little extra flavor. The batter is baked in gluten free ice cream cones and topped with a nondairy (you can use dairy, if you prefer) frosting that looks like a dollop of whipped cream. Don’t forget the sprinkles and cherry on top!
- I’ve been roasting a lot of strawberries this summer, as it is a great way to intensify the flavor of fresh berries. Moonblush Baker used roasted strawberries for a twist on strawberry shortcake. This Dreamy Roasted Strawberry White Cake is a towering layer cake that is loaded with strawberries. Each layer of white cake batter is topped with a layer of thinly sliced strawberries before baking. The cake layers are stacked with a roasted strawberry filling, which has a concentrated strawberry flavor, and the whole thing is topped with cream cheese frosting. It’s decadent, and a great cake for strawberry lovers.
- If you are in need of something a little bit more refreshing, try your hand at the Backyard Mint Ice Cream that Ambrosia Baking recently made. This creamy ice cream is infused with fresh mint – which you can buy from a store or the farmers’ market, it doesn’t need to be from your back yard! The mint is fresh and subtle, a real change from the mint ice creams that you can buy at the market, and the ice cream will have you hooked after the first scoop. Add chocolate chips for your own mint chocolate chip variation, or drizzle on some hot fudge sauce.
What do you think?