Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and that means that it is time to start thinking about sweets for your sweetheart. Chocolate is a popular choice around this time of year, but any homemade treat can make a suitable Valentine’s Day dessert.
- One Armed Mama doesn’t use any chocolate in these Sugar Cookie Sandwiches with Raspberry Creme Filling, but the heart-shaped cookies will put you in the mood for love (and sugar) almost immediately. The classic sugar cookie dough is rolled out and cut into hearts, solid hearts for the base of the sandwiches and hollow hearts for the tops. The hollow hearts frame the red and pink filling perfectly!
- Another tasty cookie recipe comes in the form of Vanilla Bean Cardamom Sugar Cookies from Cake-n-Knife. These cookies are thick and soft, a substantial cookie that could make a great afternoon snack (on Valentine’s Day, of course). Ground cardamom and vanilla flavor the buttery cookie dough, which can be cut into any shape or size depending on the cutters you have at home. The finished cookies can be served as-is, or dipped in tempered chocolate and sprinkles if you want to dress them up.
- If you need an easy idea for Valentine’s Day, Mary-Ane’s Cuisine‘s No Bake Chocolate Mascarpone Cake should be right up your alley. The rich chocolate cheesecake relies on velvety mascarpone cheese, not cream cheese, for its decadent texture. It has plenty of chocolate flavor and is topped with a strawberry glaze that gives a pretty finish to the cake and contrasts well with the dark chocolate base.
- Baking Mischief is serving up Chocolate Souffles for Two this week and makes a good argument for trying your hand at souffles even if you are a little intimidated by them. They’re much easier to make than you might think and this particular recipe can even be prepared ahead of time, so all you need to do is bake and serve when you are ready for dessert. The souffles are paired with a creme anglaise which contrasts well with the molten chocolate souffles.
- Recipe Throwback: My Chocolate Truffle-Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Cups are like a Reese’s peanut butter cup, but turned inside out! The treat consists of peanut butter cookie dough that is wrapped around rich chocolate truffles, then placed in a mini muffin tin and baked until the cookie dough is just set. You have a crisp peanut butter shell and a decadent chocolate filling. Heaven for chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
MariaFebruary 12, 2017
Thank you so much for our recipe’s feature ! I’m glad you like it! 🙂
Tristin RiekenFebruary 13, 2017
Thanks so much for featuring my sugar cookie sandwiches! I’m honored.