Mother’s Day is not always the most personalized holiday. A bouquet of flowers and a card, along with a trip out to brunch or dinner, is generally the extent of the celebrations. Flowers are always nice, of course, but what is even nicer is getting Mom a gift that she can really use and enjoy. For instance, The Baking Bites Cookbook is a great Mother’s Day gift that will definitely come in handy throughout the year. Here are five more great baking-related gifts for Moms who probably spend the rest of the year cooking up cakes and cookies for you and the rest of your family to enjoy:
- A sourdough starter is a great gift for Moms who like to bake bread. It requires a little bit of maintenance, but it will help to produce some amazing loaves of bread right in your own kitchen. A stoneware crock is a nice container for a starter if you want to improve the presentation, although any container where you can keep it covered will ultimately work just fine.
- Nothing beats a lazy brunch with family on the weekends. Pancakes, waffles and french toast are breakfast staples, but an Aebleskiver pan makes a great gift and introduces something new to the line up. This pan makes spherical Danish pancakes that are often filled with fruit or jam, and they’re as fun to make as they are to eat. A cookbook about these treats would make a great gift to go with the pan.
- If cakes are your mom’s specialty, you can’t go wrong with a new bundt pan. There many amazing designs out there to choose from, but the Nordicware Heritage Bundt Pan is probably the most striking you’ll find. I recently added this pan to my own collection (and reviewed it) and every cake that has come out of it has been a showstopper.
- A stand mixer is a great splurge gift, but stand mixer accessories are great gifts for Moms who already have one. A Beater Blade or a KitchenAid Flex Edge Beater are bowl-scraping stand mixer attachments that virtually eliminate the need to scrape down the sides of the bowl as you mix. An extra mixer bowl for a brand of stand mixer she already has would probably be very well received, also.
- Last but not least, you can opt for something small and from-the-heart, like a big batch of homemade cookies or a homemade cake in your mom’s favorite flavor. These are gifts that you don’t have to buy, but ones that will definitely be well-received because you’ll put a little bit of love into the batter of your Chocolate Chip Cookies, Snickerdoodle Blondies, Cheesecake Brownies or Angel Food Cake (my own mom’s favorite), just like your Mom does when she bakes for you and the rest of the family.