I had some of the most delicious strawberries the other day and I think it is going to be a fantastic berry season. While they may get even better later in the summer, there is no reason to put your strawberry desserts on hold when you can get good ones right now. Take a peek at these recipes for some berry-tasty inspiration – and thisÂ roundup of strawberry recipesÂ if you need some extra ideas for Mother’s Day in the meantime.
- Mama Ia‘s lovely Strawberry Sponge Layer Cake is a showstopping introduction to strawberry season.Â Layers of fluffy vanilla cake are stacked with whipped cream and fresh berries, transforming into a giant strawberry shortcake-type dessert by the time everything is put together. The cake is frosted with a strawberry whipped cream, so it has a light sweetness and a sweet pink hue.
- The Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Yogurt Parfait from The Wooden Skillet could double as breakfast or dessert.Â The key to the parfait is in the fresh fruit sauce, which is easy to make. It is a combination of strawberries, diced rhubarb, lemon juice and sugar. You can sweetened to taste, as rhubarb can vary quite a lot in tartness. The sauce is then cooled and layered with yogurt and your favorite granola to serve.
- Strawberrise and champagne come together in this Strawberry Mint Champagne Galette from Cake-n-Knife.Â The tart features a tendery, buttery crust and a filling of homemade strawberry mint champagne and fresh strawberries. This dessert is ideal for an occasion, like Mother’s Day or a summer birthday brunch.
- Eating Elsewhere‘s Candied Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake is topped with a beautiful strawberry flower that is in indicator of how tasty the cheesecake underneath will be.Â The cheesecake has an almond cookie dough crust that provides a sturdy base for the fruity filling. The cheesecake itself contains both yogurt and cream cheese, as well as fresh strawberries. The candied lemons are surprsingly easy to make and add a nice strawberry lemonade twist.
- Recipe Throwback: You absolutely can’t go wrong with my Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins when it comes to a brunch dish in the spring and summer.Â The pink muffins are made with pureed strawberries, infusing berries into every single bite and creating a muffin that is moist and tender. They are topped with a vanilla and brown sugar streusel, adding some extra sweetness and crunch to the top of each baked good. Use pink liners, if you can!