- Domestic Fits‘ Caramel Apple Galette with Champagne Whipped Cream is a dessert that is dressed up for a party. A galette is usually a rustic looking dessert, a free-form tart that doesn’t have much structure to it. This version, with its sweet apple filling, proves that a galette can still be dressed up. Caramel drizzle and whipped cream – infused with just the right amount of champagne – make this simple dessert look a lot more elegant and perfect for a dinner party.
- A batch of Spiced chocolate Chip Pancakes with Homemade Caramel Syrup, which Chocolate Moosey recently cooked up, are not your typical breakfast pancakes. These fluffy pancakes are spiced with cinnamon and cloves, and are packed full of chocolate chips. They would be perfectly good with maple syrup – or even a drizzle of chocolate syrup – but to really satisfy your sweet tooth, you can serve them with a buttery, easy-to-make caramel syrup that adds one more layer of flavor.
- Individual desserts are always a good choice for a party because they are easy to serve. If your guests aren’t going to be sitting around a table during dessert, you might want to scale down even more to bite-sized desserts. These tiny Orange Meringue Tart from Savory Simple pack a lot of flavor into one bite. The tartlets start with a crispy phyllo shell that is filled with homemade orange curd. The curd is topped of with a creamy meringue that is spiked with a little Grand Marnier to give it a hint of orange, and then toasted just enough to give the tarts a lovely finished look. You could try the same technique with lemon or lime curd, as well.
- Cookie Madness‘s Small Black Forest Cake is a beautiful layer cake scaled down to feed four. It is the perfect size for a family dinner or a romantic celebration for two. The cake has six layers of chocolate sponge cake – all made from one single cake layer baked in a jelly-roll pan – stacked up with homemade cherry filling and garnished with whipped cream. The combination of chocolate, cherries and whipped cream is sure to be a hit – and with this smaller dessert, you really get just the right amount of cake.
- Eggnog fans will want to try making a batch of the Mini Cinnamon Eggnog Donuts that The Sweet Chick made for the holidays. The mini donuts have a generous amount of eggnog in them, giving them a good ‘nog flavor on their own, and are topped with a sweet eggnog glaze to highlight the eggnog flavor even more. The donuts are baked, not fried, so you will need a mini donut maker or a donut pan to bake them up, but since they are a little healthier than their deep-fried counterparts, you can munch on a few of these without a hint of guilt.
CarlaDecember 26, 2012
Thanks for sharing my pancakes!