Thanksgiving is now right around the corner and, if you’re like me, there is always something that you leave until the last minute. Sometimes I forget to buy cranberries, sometimes I haven’t decided how I’m going to cook the turkey. Whatever that last minute problem is, these posts will help you troubleshoot anything that pops up – though if you did forget something at the store, unfortunately, you’ll still have to pick that up yourself.
You only have one chance to get it right with a turkey and these two easy options will both give you great bird!
- The Mayonnaise Turkey Method – This method guarantees a juicy bird and is easy to do!
- The High Heat Turkey Method – This cooking technique guarantees a crispy skin
From stuffing to cranberry sauce, you’re going to need some sides to go with that turkey. These are some of my most popular savory Thanksgiving sides.
- Secret Ingredient Biscuits – As much as I love dinner rolls, it’s hard to beat these incredibly easy biscuits because they are so easy to make and so delicious.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts – They’re on the menu at every gastropub in town for good reason.
- Cranberry, Pancetta and Butternut Squash StuffingÂ (pictured at top) – Sweet, savory and very satisfying. This stuffing makes great sandwiches, too.
- Mulled Wine Cranberry Sauce – This is the sangria of cranberry sauces and is always a hit.
Can’t-Go-Wrong Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie – This is my go-to pumpkin pie recipe and I never get tired of it.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Pumpkin Pie – This four-ingredient pumpkin pie couldn’t be easier and is ideal if you need a dessert quickly!
- Flaky Vinegar Pie Crust – This no-fail crust recipe can be used with any pie filling.
- Maple Pecan Pie – Pecans and maple are the perfect pairing in this pie.
- Apple Crumble PieÂ – This cinnamon-kissed crumble topping compliments the sweet-tart, tender apples perfectly. Serve this with ice cream!
- Cherry Cranberry PieÂ (pictured) – Cranberries put a perfectly seasonal twist on this classic cherry pie and make it perfect for the holidays.
Frequently Asked Thanksgiving Baking Questions
- What are the best apples for making pie?Â
- How do you prebake a pie crust?
- Can I use wax paper for baking?Â
- What is canned pumpkin pie mix? Should I use it?
- How do I make my own Pumpkin Pie Spice?
- Can I use a food processor to make pie crust?
- How can I slice a pecan pie?
- What does “bake until set” mean?
What do you think?