- I love baking with plums and other stone fruits in the early fall. Plums and pluots are juicy, sweet and can infuse some brilliant color into your baked goods. I often use them in cakes, and The Bojon Gourmet‘s Poppy Seed Pluot Financiers are beautiful little cakes that really showcase the color and flavor of these fruits. The dense, tender cakes are gluten free and are made a blend of almond flour, oat flour and rice flour. They’re packed with poppyseeds, for crunch, and topped with slices of ripe pluot, which gives the finished cakes an extra touch of sweetness and a splash of color.
- If you’re in the mood for a little indulgence, look no further than Half Baked Harvest‘s Peanut Butter Cheesecake Doughnuts with Salted Chocolate Bourbon Caramel. These doughnuts are a mouthful – both literally and figuratively! The round doughnuts are stuffed with a peanut butter cheesecake filling that contrasts well with the fluffy donut. The chocolate bourbon caramel sauce drizzled on top just makes every bite extra decadent and elevates these from a breakfast side dish to a stunning dessert dish. To make them even more indulgent, serve a couple of these delicious donuts with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Summertime is a good time to make no-bake icebox cakes because you don’t have to heat up the kitchen to prepare them. But you don’t need to wait for hot weather to enjoy a cool icebox cake, and fall might be the perfect season to try Let’s Dish‘s Butterfinger Icebox Cake – fter all, with Halloween around the corner, you’ll probably find yourself with plenty of snack sized candy bars on hand to make this in the next couple of weeks. The cake is made by layering chocolate graham crackers with butterscotch pudding and a cheesecake-like vanilla cream that is studded with crushed Butterfingers. The layers of the dessert meld together in the freezer to forn and indulgent “cake” that has a delicious combination of salty and sweet flavors.
- Bakers Royale kicked off the fall cookie season with a batch of Sour Cherry and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Chocolate and cherries alone make for a tasty combination in a cookie, but these cookies also pack in toasted almonds, pecans and coconut, along with plenty of vanilla and a touch of cinnamon. Those nutty mix-ins add some great texture to the cookies and really help them stand out from the other cookies in your cookie jar. Don’t forget to toast the nuts before you incorporate them, as that adds just one more layer of flavor to each bite.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes are one of the most talked about fall coffee drinks, but they’re not the only seasonal offerings out there. I also am a fan of the salted caramel mocha that I’ve seen at Starbucks lately, since I am a big fan of salted caramel. At Brewed Daily, you can get my recipe for a Homemade Iced Salted Caramel Mocha that is a delicious way to make this decadent drink in the comfort of your own home!
What do you think?