- There must be hundreds of ways to use strawberries when they are in season. The hard part is deciding where to start, but one look at Une Gamine dans la Cuisine‘s Strawberry Hand PiesÂ and the decision will get a little easier. This delicious looking pies are made with a fresh strawberry filling that is rich, sweet and jam-like. The filling is encased in a buttery, buttermilk pastry dough that is a perfect vehicle for the ruby red filling. The pies are easy to make and are the perfect size to be a snack in the afternoon or served with a little whipped cream on the side as dessert.
- Olive oil can be a wonderful oil to bake with when you pair it with the right ingredients. The natural fruitiness of olive oil really shines when it is paired with citrus, for instance, so theÂ Lemon Poppy Seed and Olive Oil Loaf CakeÂ thatÂ Â Fuss Free CookingÂ recently baked was a perfect vehicle for the oil. The fresh lemon juice and zest in the cake really compliments the natural citrus notes in olive oil – especially if you use the same high quality oil that you might use for dipping bread, rather than cooking – and will give the cake a unique and delicious flavor profile.
- Reclaiming Provincal put a delicious sounding twist on simple banana muffins with these Buckwheat Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chunks & Cacao Nibs. The muffins are made with a mixture of whole grain buckwheat flour and regular all purpose flour, and the nutty buckwheat flour is complimented with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Ripe bananas and brown sugar add sweetness and moisture to the muffins, which are then loaded with lots of dark chocolate chunks and crunchy cacao nibs. These just might be a showstopper the next time you host brunch.
- Nutella lovers will want to try the Nutella Stuffed Hazelnut Chocolate Chip CookiesÂ from The Kitchen Magpie. These cookies have a hidden filling of Nutella that you’ll only discover once you bite into one. The cookies themselves are a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, made with plenty of chocolate chunks and chopped, toasted hazelnuts – the two things that come together in Nutella to make it so delicious. If you want to make them even more decadent, you could serve these sandwiched together with a little smear of Nutella between them.
- Rice Krispy treats are good all year round, and the classic marshmallow treat is actually quite easy to infuse a little flavor into by adding mix-ins along with the cereal. Since flavored marshmallows are coming out every season, they offer yet another way to reinvent cereal bars. Mallow and Co used summery lime marshmallows in a batch of Mojito Rice Krispy Treats. The cereal bars combine lime and mint for a fun and family friendly version of the refreshing cocktail. The classic drink is usually made with rum, and a few drops of rum extract might be a nice addition, too.
This is the 300th Bites from other Blog’s post! That means that these recipes are joining the roughly 1400 others that I’ve featured from other excellent food blogs over the years. That is a lot of recipes worth bookmarking! And things just keep on getting better.