- I recently had some ginger scones while I was out at a brunch, and while they were good, I bet that they weren’t as good as Everybody Likes Sandwiches‘ Ginger Whole Wheat Scones. Scones just taste their best when they are fresh and homemade. These scones use whole wheat flour and yogurt, so they are a bit healthier than your standard white flour and cream scone, but are still light and buttery because they use real butter, cut in to create that flaky scone texture. They also use a good amount of candied ginger for sweetness and spice.
- Most cheesecakes that call for tofu use it in place of other things, like eggs and cheese. This means that tofu often appears in vegan and “alternative” cheesecakes, not giving it the best reputation with fans of a more “classic” cheesecake. The Passionfruit Tofu Cheesecake at Zen Can Cook is a bit different because it still uses a lot of real cream cheese. It’s a softly set, no bake cheesecake that gets a lot of lightness from the addition of tofu.
- A batch of light, crisp profiteroles turn rich and decadent at Technicolor Kitchen when they are filled with dulce de leche. Often, profiteroles are simply filled with whipped cream, but these Dulce de Leche Profiteroles are more decadent and more substantial. The eggy flavor of the profiteroles themselves make a great match for the milky caramel flavor of the dulce de leche, too.
- If a cheesecake tastes like a danish, that means you can serve it at breakfast, right? Modern Comfort Food made a Blueberry Danish Cheesecake that was inspired by fruity, cheesy danish breakfast pastries. This cake has a buttermilk base and a topping made with cream cheese and lots of blueberries. It’s finished off with a generous sprinkling of sliced almonds, which really do contribute to the danish look of the finished dish.
- Another good scone recipe can be found at The Food Librarian, Chocolate Chip Drop Scones. Drop scones are simply dolloped onto baking sheets much like cookie dough, giving them a round and rustic look, and making them even easier to make than regular cut scones. These scones include buttermilk, for a rich buttery taste, and use miniature chocolate chips so ensure that all that chocolate is well-distributed in the finished scone.
Patricia ScarpinApril 21, 2010
Nic, I’m so glad you liked the profiteroles! My husband is not into sweets, but devoured those. 🙂
Brodie_MedsApril 22, 2010
buy catapres no prescription required
Barbara @moderncomfortfoodApril 22, 2010
I’m so pleased that you liked my blueberry cheese Danish cake recipe. Many thanks for your very kind mention of it here.
rybbydiaspolkinApril 25, 2010
All it certainly is interesting but how to live further?
Olivia GFKStrickerMay 11, 2010
Indeed interesting story you have here. It would be great to read something more concerning this topic. Thanks for giving this material.