Even though the weather may be a bit warm in the summer, I don’t stop making desserts until the fall rolls around. After all, there are lots of wonderful seasonal fruit desserts to be baked and eaten, and lots of homemade recipes for ice cream and other frozen desserts to be made. I do make ice cream a little more often than usual during the summer to beat the heat and I go through a lot of vanilla as a result. Not only is sweet, floral vanilla the most popular ice cream flavor out there for a reason, but it is a fantastic base for almost any other flavor or ingredient you can think of.
Thanks to my friends at Rodelle, I’m pleased to offer readers a giveaway this week! The prize is a gift pack of vanilla beans and a variety of extracts – including vanilla extract, of course – to get your summer dessert-making started off right!! It has been a long time since I’ve run a giveaway here on Baking Bites, but there are TWO WAYS to enter the contest:
(1) you can leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite summer dessert. A simple scoop of vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone? Berry pie with ice cream?
(2) you can add the tags #vanillasummer and #bakingbites to an Instagram post that features a summer dessert with vanilla. It doesn’t have to be homemade, so even vanilla ice cream from your favorite ice cream shop counts, and you can tag an older post, as well!
Feel free to enter twice, once via comment and once via IG. The contest ends Friday at midnight (6/30/2017) and a winner will be randomly selected from all of the entries, which means you double your chances if you enter both ways!! Donâ€™t forget to fill in your e-mail on the comment form (it will not be made public), as I will contact the winner via PM in Instagram or via email, and good luck!
While you’re waiting, check out these cool vanilla recipes, too!!
- No Churn Raspberry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (pictured above)
- The Ultimate Vanilla Banana Cream Pie
- The Best No-Bake Vanilla Cheesecake
- Barrel Aged Vanilla Ice Cream
Update: This contest is now closed! Thanks to all who participated. The winner will be announced shortly.
JoshuaJune 28, 2017
It has to be Peach Cobbler, still warm with a big scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream melting on top.
Jennifer KaplanJune 28, 2017
Anything with baked summer fruit, topped with vanilla ice cream!
Marley WithrowJune 28, 2017
my favorite is peach pie! With ice cream
Jaclyn ReynoldsJune 29, 2017
Michelle J.June 29, 2017
I love plain cheesecake!
StephJune 29, 2017
I love fruit poaches in vanilla syrup