The 4th of July is a holiday that is celebrated in many ways, but bold red, white and blue colors are typically featured to give everything from food to decorations a patriotic flair. These colorful desserts will get your 4th of July celebrations off right – and they’ll be just as memorable as that fireworks display!
- Henry Happened scraped up some Red, White and Blue Granita with plenty of fresh fruit for color. The dessert has three different granita flavors – strawberry, blueberry and coconut lime – that all work well together flavor-wise and make for a perfectly red, white and blue dessert.
- Sugar Hero‘s American Flag Layer Cake is over-the-top – and that’s a good thing! The towering layer cake has a fireworks-inspired exterior that, when sliced, reveals layers of red, white and blue cake inside. The cake is a showstopper and will definitely stop everyone in their tracks when you go to serve it, but it also tastes just as good as it looks.
- A batch of Rice Krispy treats are an easy and fun summertime snack that is easy to make and even easier to put a colorful twist on. Hungry Happenings‘s Red, White and Blue Rice Krispie Treat Stars are fun to make and delicious to eat – and they’ll make a great centerpiece for your table until they’re all eaten up.
- If you’re looking for a bite sized dessert option, Beth Cakes baked some Mini Red, White and Blue Cheesecakes that are perfect single-bites. The three-layered cheesecakes are baked in mini muffin pans, making them a great choice for large picnics when you want a dessert that doesn’t require plates to serve.
- Another bite sized treat that is perfect for entertaining comes in the form of American Flag Donuts from The First Year. These baked mini donuts are decorated with red, white and blue frosting and can be popped in your mouth one after another for a quick and colorful treat, whether you’re serving a 4th of July breakfast or dessert.
- My Red, White and Blue Pudding Pops are made with homemade vanilla pudding and studded with fresh sliced strawberries and whole blueberries. They’re naturally very colorful, and make a perfect treat on a hot summer day. If you want a big batch for a party, you can double or triple the recipe and prep the pops ahead, then simply store them in a large freezer bag until you’re ready to serve.
- Red White and Blue Chocolate-Dipped StrawberriesÂ are always a huge hit at a party when you need some color. The recipe starts with large, ripe strawberries that are dipped in melted white chocolate. The tips of the strawberries are then quickly dipped into blue sanding sugar to finish the red, white and blue look. It’s quick and easy – and the combination of white chocolate and strawberries is outstanding.