- I’m a big crepe fan and it would be hard for me to choose just one favorite filling, but I can imagine that the Strawberry and Mascarpone Stuffed Crepes with Strawberry Syrup I spotted at Closet Cooking would be close to the top of the list. These indulgent crepes are bursting with fresh berries and a rich, mascarpone and yogurt cream. The strawberry syrup on top is homemade (not to mention easy) and would go great with other pancakes and waffles eve if you’re not making the crepes.
- Although I’ve made homemade bagels before, it never really occurred to me do to flavored homemade bagels, like the Cranberry Hazelnut Bagels thatAnne’s Food baked recently. It’s got dried cranberries and toasted hazelnuts in the dough, giving it a little more flavor than your average bagel. Try it with butter, jam or use one to make a turkey sandwich that will benefit from the sweet-tart berries and crisp nuts.
- Did you know that dandelions are edible? I’ve seen them in salads, as well as in some drinks, but the idea of putting them into a cookie is definitely unusual! The Dandilion Macarons at Whisk Kid call for a dandelion filling made with homemade dandelion jam. You’ll only need the petals, so find a big field with lots of the little yellow flowers and get to work to try this recipe on your own.
- It may seem like donuts would be difficult to veganize, but they actually take to it quite well. One glance at the Chocolate and Vanilla Glazed Vegan Donuts from Namely Marly will tell you that! These donuts are made with an egg and milk-free dough that is flavored with maple syrup. To make them a bit healthier than your average donut, they’re also baked in the oven – not fried.
- La Fuji Mama‘s Butterfinger Mochi Ice Cream is the perfect dessert for a butterfinger fan who wants to make the candy bar a little moer gourmet. The dessert starts with a peanut butter creme brule ice cream that is packed with homemade Butterfinger candy. It is wrapped in a case of sweet, chewy mochi dough before serving, leaving you with that butterfinger flavor in a neat little case.
Fuji MamaJune 9, 2010
Thanks for the shout out! But actually, the credit must go to Josie of Daydreamer Desserts–it was her amazing guest post!
MarlyJune 14, 2010
I’m honored to be included on your list this week. And I loved checking out the other recipes too – both on this post and throughout your site. I have just spent the last week pitting cherries from our cherry tree so I have my eye on your cherry pie recipe!