- I have heard some people say that one of the things that differentiates muffins from cupcakes is that muffins usually have fruit included, while cupcakes do not. I’ve heard others say that frosting is the defining feature of a cupcake. The Vanilla Almond Cherry Cupcakes from I Heart Cuppycakes break the first mold, as they are packed with fresh sweet cherries. They’re also topped with a yummy looking cherry frosting.
- Joy The Baker is obviously a fan of bundt cakes, as am I, because she extolled the virtues of the bundt in her post about a Mocha Rum Cake. From the outside, the cake is deceptively plain looking. Once you cut into it, however, it is intensely rich with rum, coffee and dark chocolate.
- Summer entertaining season isn’t over yet, but I’ve already overused some of my favorite summer drink ideas. Pitchers of margaritas and refreshing, minty mojitos can only make an appearance at so many occasions. My next party might have to feature a pitcher of the Pink Pomegranate Raspberry Sangria from Sugar Plum. The drink is not only a gorgeous ruby color, but has some great flavors from red wine, spicy ginger ale, pomegranate schnapps, ice and fresh, juicy raspberries.
- I’m usually on the lookout for interestingly patterened muffin wrappers, so the Picnic Jar Jam Muffins at Cookbook Catchall really caught my eye: they’re baked inside little jam jars! The muffins are basically lemon poppyseed muffins with some strawberry jam thrown in on the bottom for good measure, but this is an idea that could work with any flavor of muffin and makes them as adorable as they are portable.
- Pancakes are always a great choice for breakfast in my book, and while I can eat plain buttermilk pancakes any day of the week, it’s nice to be able to have a few ideas on hand to spice up a favorite for a little variety. Sugar Laws definitely took the spice part literally with Cinnamon Pancakes. It’s a simple variation, but adds a lot of flavor to breakfast.
Rainbow PainterAugust 6, 2008
You got a pretty good list of great blogs, I mean great bites from other blogs! Thanks for sharing. Btw I am very fond of bundt cakes as well.
JadeAugust 6, 2008
Love those muffins baked in jam jars – thanks for the link!
CBAugust 6, 2008
Oh wow! I am so flattered you included me in your “bites” this week! I tend on the latter definition for the muffin vs cupcake debate. Cupcakes have frosting, muffins do not. Thanks again for the shoutout! 🙂
Clara @ iheartcuppycakes!
EmilineAugust 6, 2008
I’ve got to bake that bundt cake. I got so excited when I saw it the other day. I even have a bottle of dark rum. It’s just too hot here, right now.
BigBanAugust 15, 2008
Oh, Thanks! Really interesting. Big ups!