As usual, there were lots of amazing recipes on the blogs this week.Â These are all going into my bookmarks and, hopefully, Ill have a chance to tackle them beforeÂ fall is over. If not, I hope you have a chance to try them!Â
- Since we were just taking about cream-filled cupcakes here, it seems appropriate to point out that you can use the same cream-filling technique I described to make the lovely lookingÂ Boston Cream Cupcakes on How To Eat A Cupcake.
- Mallomars are just coming into season (early October through April). The chocolate-covered, marshmallow filled cookies are never sold during the summer because it is simply too hot for them to ship and maintain their integrity. If you don’t want to be confined to that limited time frame, or just like to make things yourself, try Cookie Baker Lynn‘s homemade Mallosmores instead.
- Another recipe that gets into the spirit and flavor of the upcoming fall season is the Cranberry-Filled Coffeecake from Joe’s Culinary in the
DesertCountry. In addition to a sweet-tart cranberry layer, the cake is also topped with a crispy, hazelnut-lacedÂ streusel, making it virtually irresistible on a fall morning.
- Nosh with Me combines brownies and chocolate chip cookies in Chipster-Topped Brownies. The recipe comes from Dorie Greenspan’s Baking from My Home to Yours and they look like they’re decadent enough to make a brownie lover think he (or she) had died and gone to heaven.
- Pavlovas can be eaten all year round, and are often easier to make in the winter when many areas are les humid than they are in the summer, but I still think of them as summer fare because berries seem to make the perfect topping for the crisp and marshmallowy meringue. Foodaholic‘s Chocolate PavlovaÂ is a twist on the classic plain dessert and is indulgently topped with fresh strawberries, dark chocolate and whipped cream.
- At Smitten Kitchen, you’ll find her Grandmothers of Silsâ€™ Apple and Yogurt Cake. It’s not from her grandmother, but the cake still has a good story behind it and looks amazing to boot. This particular post also includes a neat tastebud timeline, which will get you thinking about what you liked then versus now.
JEPSeptember 19, 2007
I just love when you post this Bites from other Blogs as I may have missed out on some really great ideas—thanks!
How To Eat A CupcakeSeptember 20, 2007
Thanks for the mention