Here at Baking Bites, I was very busy during 2016. I published over 180 new recipes, including recipes for desserts, savory goodies and even cocktails! If that wasn’t enough, I also shared a number of fantastic recipes and cooking tutorials over on the Craftsy blog! The start of a new year is a good time to look back on favorites from the past 12 months and to start planning ahead. These are the top 10 most popular new recipes from 2016. I love each and every one of them. Do you have any recipe suggestions that you want to see over the next few weeks or months? I’m taking requests, so feel free to leave a comment with any ideas that you have!
10. The Best No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake – This easy cheesecake is ideal for hot weather when you don’t want to heat up your oven to make a great dessert. Dress it up with toppings from fruit to chocolate to make it even more decadent!
9. Cinnamon Oatmeal Quick Bread – This quick bread comes together in just a few minutes and makes a sweet, hearty bread that is just as good for an afternoon snack as it is for breakfast.
8. Bite Sized Lemon Curd Tarts – You can never go wrong with a bite-sized dessert, whether you are entertaining and need finger-foods or simply want some portion control. That said, you probably will want to indulge in more than one of these sunny tarts!
7. Raspberry Donut Muffins – Sugar-coated donut muffins are a favorite in my household, but this berry-laced variation is idea for springtime.
6. Negroni Pie – This pie was inspired by a classic cocktail that happens to be a favorite of mine. This isn’t the first cocktail-inspired pie I’ll serve up, so keep an eye out for more this year.
5. Yellow Cake Baked Oatmeal – This recipe is is a fruity, sweet breakfast dish that is sure to be a hit, even with those who tend to prefer oatmeal cookies to bowls of oatmeal.
4. Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Chocolate chip cookies are a classic for a reason and it’s hard to find a better chocolate chip bar cookie recipe than these tender, delicious buttermilk-based bars.
3. The Best Coconut Cupcakes – The name of this recipe says it all. If you like coconut, these tender, fluffy and flavorful coconut cupcakes should be the next thing you bake.
2. Lemon Ricotta Cake – This simple cake is somewhere between a yellow cake and a cheesecake in texture, light and yet rich. It’s a perfect everyday cake because the recipe is so easy, but it is tasty enough to be the centerpiece of a sit-down dinner party, too.
1. Fresh Raspberry Scones – When raspberry season rolls around, set aside a pint to make these amazing raspberry scones. The buttery scones work so well when studded with sweet-tart berries, particularly when those berries are at their peak of flavor.