Father’s Day is just around the corner, so if you haven’t started shopping for a little token of appreciate for deal ol’ Dad, now is the perfect time to start. Grilling stuff always takes center stage for Father’s Day gift lists, but if you’re dad is anything like mine, he probably already has a whole bunch of grilling stuff he doesn’t use. That is why I’m focusing on non-grilling foodie gifts this year!
- One top pick would be a Chef’s Case, especially for the dad who travels or spends a lot of the time at less-than-gourmet business lunches. This secret agent-style briefcase is stocked with gourmet ingredients, spices and sauces that will make any meal memorable. Plus, it’ll make him look like a secret agent.
- Forget organic beer – did you know that dad can Grow His Own Beer with a kit that lets him grow hops, barley and wheat in a mini greenhouse! I’m not sure that he’ll be able to launch his dream microbrewery on such a small scale, but he will be able to drink his very own brand of beer at least once!
- I already have a Vinturi Wine Aerator and it really does seem to work well, turning ordinary (and inexpensive) wines into fruity, flavorful ones with its unique aeration process. Of course, it can bring out the flavors in pricier wines even more, too. You’ll have fun testing it out with dad, doing side by side comparisons at home!
- For a dad who likes tools and pizza, the Bialetti Pizza Chopper is a great gift. The chopper lets you slice up a pizza in a way that is both manly and efficient. With a slight rocking motion, this pizza cutter will cut through thin and deep dish pizzas in the blink of an eye – without moving any toppings or cheese out of place.
- If you’re looking for something smaller, a bar of Bacon Soap should fit the bill. This bar of soap isn’t made of bacon – it just smells like it. I think that many bacon fans would argue that the smell of bacon is a great one to wake up to in the morning.