One of the key elements of fall baking is the addition of an array of spices – including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves, to name a few – that don’t usually take center stage in summer baking. Apples, pears and pumpkin also start to make an appearance. I don’t know about you, but I love the start of the fall season and I suspect you’ll be just as inspired after reading through this week’s list of Bites from other Blogs!
- A batch of these Mini Apple Breads with Caramel Bourbon Glaze from Sweet ReciPeas would make a great host/hostess gift for any fall event – in addition to being a tasty afternoon snack option! The breads are packed with shredded apples, brown sugar and apple pie spice, then drizzled with an easy, boozy glaze.
- Three Little Halves baked up a late summer dessert that is a nice bridge into fall, a Plum and Olive Oil Cake. The cake has a flavorful base with cinnamon, nutmeg, orange juice and Grand Marnier – all of which compliment both olive oil and plums well. The batter bakes up around the plums, hugging them and trapping their juices so every bite of flavor makes it to your fork.
- My Zucchini Recipes put together an old fashioned Pear Cake that is a great everyday fall dessert. The simple cake has a brown sugar and vanilla batter, and it is packed with chunks of fresh pear. The finished dessert has an appealingly rustic look where you can see fruit in every slice. Serve it with ice cream, whipped cream or creme fraiche.
- The Decadent Pumpkin Cheesecake from Desserts by Juliette is a lovely cheesecake that can be a wonderful alternative to pumpkin pie at holiday dinners. The cheesecake starts with a walnut and graham cracker crust that is generously spiced. The batter is made with plenty of cream cheese, as well as pumpkin puree, cinnamon and cloves. A touch of white chocolate finishes off the dessert before serving.
- Recipe Throwback: These Pear and Pistachio Scones are a very tasty way to start a cool fall morning. The flaky scones areÂ packed with spices, diced pears and nutty pistachios for a wonderful mixture of flavors and textures. You only need one pear to makea good sized batch of scones, too, so there is not a lot of prep needed to get these started!
JulietteSeptember 21, 2017
Baking Bites, Thank you for sharing our Decadent Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe. We hope your readers will enjoy it as much as we do!! Love your blog!! – Desserts by Juliette