This week, I’m getting back on track after a major site redesign that affected my posting schedule a bit. I’m sorry for all the Bites from other Blogs posts that I may have missed over the past few weeks, but I’m approaching 500 posts in this category (that means more than 2000 recipe links shared!!), so a few clicks through the archives should have kept you busy. I know that I have a backlog of recipes that I’ve been meaning to get to, as well. So jump on in and add these to your list!
- Just the other day, I made some Rainbow Sprinkle Whoopie Pies that would be a colorful addition to any party. If you need to bake for someone who loves sprinkles even more than I do, however, head over to Design Eat Repeat to try the Birthday Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Dippers. These colorful sugar cookies are shaped like giant rainbow sprinkles and are served with a marshmallow cream cheese dip. They are incredibly fun, as well as very tasty, and are sure to be a huge hit at any party.
- You can get a lemon meringue pie fix without using any eggs, thanks to the recipe for Aquafaba Lemon Meringue Pie that Cake Spy recently tried! The creamy lemon filling uses olive oil instead of butter and the fluffy meringue is made with chick pea water – aka aquafaba – instead of egg whites. It sounds unusual, but it really works. As a bonus, this recipe is also vegan, but you don’t need to be a vegan to give it a try.
- Cooks and Kid posted a Bourbon Vanilla Peach Galette that has an adult twist to it. The peaches at the center of the freeform tart are tossed with a generous splash of bourbon, as well as with a whole vanilla bean, to give them a sweet and complex finish. The tart comes together quickly and is excellent with vanilla ice cream, making it a good choice for a casual summer dessert.
- The Rocky Road Brownie Bark from Sweetest Menu is an easy way to get your chocolate fix. The ultra-thin brownies are chewy and dense, loaded not only with chocolate, but with mini marshmallows and roasted, salted peanuts. They’re sweet, savory, chocolaty and crisp all in one bite – and that is pretty much all the information you need before you give them a try yourself.
- Bar cookies aren’t always the most glamorous snack to make, but Oh Sweet Day‘s Cherry Walnut Coconut Bars are definitely an exception to that rule. These gorgeous bar cookies have aÂ buttery shortbread crust and are topped with a filling made with coconut, walnuts and fresh cherries. It’s a flavorful combination that works well with a hint of vanilla and brown sugar to being everything together. You could stop there, but a layer of whipped cream gives the bars a lightness and takes them from good to gorgeous.
- Recipe Throwback: I love these Strawberry Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches and make them every year. They’re made with homemade snickerdoodles, which get their pink color and strawberry flavor from freeze-dried strawberries! I typically sandwich them with vanilla ice cream, but feel free to use strawberry for an even more berry-licious treat!