In honor of our Vanilla Summer Giveaway this week, I’m concentrating on recipes that include vanilla for this week’s Bites from other Blogs. From vanilla ice cream to a fresh fruit pie with a hint of vanilla, there is no wrong way to enjoy it – in fact, you can put it into almost anything. Don’t forget to head over to the giveaway post for instructions on how to enter!
- The Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches from Lovely Little Kitchen are a delicious treat to stock your freezer with before the weather gets hot. A pair of homemade peanut butter cookies sandwich generous scoops of vanilla ice cream. As if that weren’t enough, they’re also dipped in chocolate and chopped peanuts. Yum.
- Sempre Dolce‘s Peach Scones with Vanilla Glaze are a lovely summer brunch option. The tender vanilla scones are filled with chunks of fresh peached and topped with a drizzle of glaze that helps bring out their natural sweetness. The scones are easy to make and you could swap out the peaches of nectarines, plums or apricots for an easy variation!
- I love to make colorful desserts for the 4th of July and Fresh April Flours‘ Red White and Blue Swirl Bundt Cake is a perfect example. The whilte vanilla bundt cake batter is divided into separated bowls and dyed with red and blue food coloring, then all thre batters are dolloped into a bundt pan, where they bake into a colorful, swirled cake. A little bit of vanilla buttercream finishes things off, and provides you with a place to add on a few sprinkles!
- Old fashioned donuts are a treat worth getting out of bed for, but frying donuts can be more work than you want to take on before breakfast. Baking a Moment‘s Glazed Sour Cream Donuts are baked, not fried, which means they are not only a bit lighter, but they can be made more quickly and easily than their fried counterparts. The donuts have vanilla and a bit of nutmeg in the dough and they’re finished off with a vanilla-kissed glaze.
- Recipe Throwback: Pavlovas are a wonderfully light dessert that I love to serve in the summer. This vanilla-laced Strawberry Rhubarb Pavlova is just the right size for sharing, but not so big that you’ll need a crowd to finish it off. It is topped with fresh fruit, a little coulis and plenty of whipped cream.