- Fruit crisps are wonderfully easy desserts that let you really celebrate fresh, in-season fruit. While they’re often made with berries and stone fruits, almost any kind of fruit can be used. Pineapple fans will want to try this Pineapple Fruit Crisp from The Recipe Rebel. The fruit cobbler has a very short ingredient list, but is big on tropical fruit flavor. The base is made with pineapple and brown sugar, while the buttery topping contains whole wheat flour and oats. You could even add some coconut to the mix to turn yours into a pina colada-inspired variation.
- Lemon is often used in sorbets and granitas, but it can also be used in dairy-based frozen desserts. Mama Ia‘s Lemon Ice Cream is made with lots of fresh lemons, combining their juice and zest with sugar and heavy cream. The resulting ice cream has all the bright, zesty flavor that you want from a lemon-based dessert, with the rich mouthfeel of traditional ice cream. You’ll need an ice cream maker for this one, but the results are well worth it.
- I love a cake with a swirl running through it, adding flavor and giving each slice a unique look. Scrummy Lane just baked up a Nutella Swirl Loaf Cake with Hazelnuts is just such a cake, swirling creamy Nutella through a vanilla loaf cake for a dessert that is almost irresistible. Instead of mixing chopped hazlenuts into the batter – which would add a little more crunch to each slice, if that is what you’re looking for – this cake is topped with whole hazelnuts. The nuts toast beautifully in the oven and hint at the chocolate hazelnut spread inside.
- Strawberries are a good addition to oatmeal and cereal for breakfast when they are in season, but you can bring some berries to your breakfast table in the form of Baked Strawberry Ginger Glazed Donuts. The Spiffy Cookie‘s recipe recipe is sweetened with honey and flavored with ginger paste, vanilla extract and fresh strawberries. The berries are finely chopped before stirring them into the batter to ensure that you get an even distribution of them inside of each donut. After baking, the donuts are finished with a glaze made from strawberry puree and confectioners’ sugar.
- Recipe Throwback: The only thing that makes an ice cream sundae more decadent than a mountain of whipped cream is serving it in an Edible Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Bowl. These bowl-shaped cookies can be baked with a regular muffin pan simply by flipping it upside down to give the bowls the proper shape. They’re delicious and hold up to that melting ice cream a lot better than most ice cream cones do!
NatachaJune 22, 2016
Such an honor to be featured in your blog, Nicole! I’ve just discovered Baking Bites and can’t get away from it!