- Crepes are a delicious and easy dessert to make, but the best part about them is that they are so versatile that you can fill them with anything from butter to berries to chocolate. Sips and Spoonfuls made a batch of crepes that are a bit more indulgent than your average batch. Maryams Chocolate CrepesÂ are made with a little cocoa powder and a little vanilla in the batter, which gives the crepes a nice chocolate flavor and a beautiful chocolate color. As with plain crepes, you can fill these with anything you like, but they’re made to go best with chocolatey fillings, such as nutella.
- One bit bite of chocolate is usually enough to satisfy a chocolate craving and that bite usually comes in the form of a piece of chocolate, unless you want to bake a whole batch of cookies or brownies. If you’re set on a cookie, however, you could always bake Culinary Couture‘s XXL Death By Chocolate Cookie For One, a giant cookie that delivers just one over-the-top serving of chocolate. The intense cookie is made with cocoa powder and studded with chocolate chips. It is gooey, fudgy, tender and – of course – delivers a tremendous amount of chocolate flavor in every bite. It’s also fun to make just one cookie at a time, rather than baking a whole batch off, too.
- You may have heard of Shoo-Fly Pie before, an old fashioned molasses-sweetened pie, but you probably aren’t as familiar with Shoo-Fly Cake. Yesterfood used an old family recipe to bake one up recently. The cake is a molasses cake flavored with ginger, cinnamon and coffee that has a rich and gingerbread-like flavor. It is topped with a crumb topping that adds some texture and extra sweetness to the cake. It is also baked in a cast-iron skillet (although you could use a different type of pan if you don’t have one) that gives it a very homestyle look.
- The Mini Pistachio Almond Donuts from Spiced are so pretty, they look almost like petit fours instead of donuts. The miniature donuts are baked, not fried. They’re made with a light buttermilk cake batter and topped with a pastel green glaze that gives them their pistachio flavor, since it is made with Jell-O pistachio instant pudding! They’re topped with chopped almonds for a little crunch, although chopped pistachio nuts would make an equally good finishing touch if you want to go all green with your mini donut decorations.
- I may say this often, but banana bread is a staple in most kitchens and it is always nice to have a few more variations on it. How Sweet Eats‘ Whole Wheat Coconut Banana Bread with Coconut Streusel sounds particularly good. This good-for-you banana bread is made with whole grain flour, coconut milk and coconut oil. It is packed with four whole bananas and flavored with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut extracts. Finally, it is topped off with a delicious sounding brown sugar and coconut streusel topping that makes this bread a real treat.
Belkin Cabinet Tablet Mount giveaway! (closed)
Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cupcakes
Amanda @ Once Upon a RecipeFebruary 27, 2013
That death by chocolate cookie for one looks INSANE.
CarlaFebruary 27, 2013
I’m eyeing up my bananas. Not ripe enough yet so I’ll have to hoard them until they are ready for the coconut banana bread!