- Cakewalkr‘s Lemon Chocolate Cake is definitely a showstopper, with its luscious chocolate glaze and dramatic lemon drops rising high above the top of it. The cake itself features a tender lemon cake layered with rich chocolate buttercream frosting. The cake gets a little extra lemon flavor from lemon curd incorporated into the batter, while the frosting gets a kick from espresso. The decorations make it stunning, but you can always make a toned down version of this dessert and keep things simple with just the basic cake and frosting.
- Blackberry fans might want to check out the Mini Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes with Blackberry Frosting that The Cake Merchant baked with some fresh summer blackberries. Just a few tablespoons of blackberries in the frosting gives it a lovely color and a lot of berry flavor, and you could easily amp up the berry level of this treat by adding berries right into the cake batter. The cupcakes are completely vegan, but you could always add some real butter into the frosting for a more traditional buttercream frosting if you’re not keeping vegan yourself.
- You may have seen colorful funfetti cupcakes before, but the Brown Butter Funfetti Sugar Cookies from The Little Kitchen are a little something different. These thick and chewy sugar cookies are rich with addictive browned butter and are chock full of brightly colored sprinkles. They’ll make you feel like a kid again – though that browned butter flavor will definitely win over the grown ups.
- And speaking of grown ups, the Moonshine Mango Boozer Pops that Mango Tomato made are definitely a grown up treat. These popsicles are a cocktail in a slightly more refreshing form, made with fresh fruit and spiked with moonshine. You can serve the mix as a cocktail, of course, but turning them into single-serving ice pops (with or without a popsicle mold) makes them a little bit more fun.
- Icebox cakes are great summertime desserts to make because they don’t require you to turn on the oven and heat up your kitchen. The Deconstructed Prickly Pear Jelly, Peanut Butter & Pretzel Icebox Cake from Scarletta Bakes is a salty sweet twist on this type of cake. It starts with a salty pretzel crust that is topped off with rich cream cheese peanut butter layer. These more savory components are finished with a fluffy and sweet layer of prickly pear mousse, starring jam made from the unusual cactus fruit. Other types of jam could be used for this PB&J icebox cake, but summer is a good time to have a little fun and try something besides strawberry or grape, even if you don’t go for prickly pear.
Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Fine Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Baking Mix, reviewed
Homemade Jamocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream
Olga @ MangoTomatoAugust 8, 2012
Thanks for including my Mango Moonshine Boozer 😉