- Pancakes are an easy target for add-ins, such as fresh fruit and even bacon, but waffles are often left out. Add A Pinch‘s Chocolate Chip Waffles are an easy way to bring a little something extra to breakfast. The waffles are buttery and filled with a generous amount of chocolate chips that become gooey and melty in the waffle maker. Serve these with maple syrup, or make them into dessert with ice cream and chocolate syrup!
- If you want something sweet for breakfast (or any time of day, really) besides pancakes or waffles, you might want to give the Cinnamon Leaves Sweet Bread that Foy Update recently made a try. This bread is made with a yeast dough that is cut into small pieces, covered with cinnamon sugar and stacked up into neat little piles. The piles of cinnamon sugar dough are placed in a loaf pan, where they bake into a pull-apart loaf that looks like a fancy version of one of my favorites, Monkey Bread. This is a great dish for a lazy Sunday morning to to serve at a brunch.
- As though Vanilla Almond Cupcakes did sound good enough on their own, The Curvy Carrot topped these little cakes off with beautiful piped buttercream roses to make them look even more appealing. This cupcake recipe makes a big batch of almond-flavored, pound-cake like cakes that are made with top quality ingredients, including real vanilla beans and European-style butter. The buttercream is also vanilla almond flavored, and while the roses are a lovely finishing touch, the cupcakes will look and taste great even if you simply spread a bit on with a spatula and skip the piping.
- Spice-heavy cakes show up quite often in the fall and winter, but there is no season that won’t benefit from the addition of a spicy dessert like Raspberri Cupcakes‘Spiced Apple Cupcakes with Maple Syrup Buttercream. These cupcakes aren’t too sweet and are full of flavor from fresh apples, cinnamon and allspice. If you have maple sugar, you can infuse a bit of maple into the cupcakes to match the rich maple syrup buttercream that tops them off.
- Blizzards are a milkshake like ice cream dessert that is one of the signature items on the menu of the US ice cream chain Dairy Queen. They’re tasty, but not the healthiest things that you’ll encounter when looking to satisfy your sweet tooth. There is nothing wrong with the occasional indulgence, though if you’re loking for something you could have on a more regular basis, you could try the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard that Oh She Glows created. This version makes the ice cream base out of frozen bananas and loads it up with homemade egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough chunks.
Robyn | Add a PinchMarch 23, 2011
Thanks so much for including my Chocolate Chip Waffles! They are most certainly a tasty treat and you described them perfectly! Enjoy!