- Stick Gooey Creamy Chewy‘s Spiced Pear Streusel Cupcakes look a bit more like individual pear cobblers or crisps to me than cupcakes, but no matter what you want to call them, these little treats look absolutely delicious. They start with a cake base that is topped off with a filling of spiced pears and raisins. After the pairs go in, you get a generous layer of crumb topping and another layer of streusel for extra flavor. You won’t need any frosting for cupcakes like these – just a fork to dig in.
- While I’ll never get tired of having waffles with maple syrup, it’s great to see then paired up with other toppings, as well. The Non Dairy Queen tried out some Boston Cream Pie Waffles that might come in close to maple syrup for that top waffle-topping spot! To make them, just top off your favorite waffles with some homemade pastry cream and chocolate sauce and you have one indulgent way to start off the morning.
- Semifreddo is a dessert that is similar to ice cream, but is simply frozen instead of going through an ice cream maker. As a result, it is easier to make than ice cream, but you can still do a lot of different flavors with it. This Raspberry Semifreddo from Chocolate Shavings has a light-flavored vanilla base that is swirled with a fresh raspberry puree. It gives it a beautiful look, as well as adding flavor, and it would be easy to adapt this recipe to feature other fruits, as well.
- I’ve had all kinds of strawberry pies, but few are as cute as the Little Strawberry Meringue Tarts that Technicolor Kitchen whipped up. These little tarts have a brown sugar crust that is filled with a cooked strawberry filling, one that has been touched with just a hint of citrus in addition to fresh strawberries. The tarts are topped off with a marshmallowy meringue that hides that bright red filling until you take the first bite.
- You might not see muffin top pans used all that often, but Picky Palate sure put one to good use making Snickers Caramel Cheesecake Cookies. These mini cheesecakes bridge the gap between cake and cookie because, although they have a graham cracker crust, the muffin top pan gives them a nice flat, cookie-like shape! The cheesecake is spiked with caramel sauce and studded with chunks of Snickers candy bars.
Patricia ScarpinJuly 14, 2010
Nic, thank you for mentioning my tarts! 🙂
Sarena ShasteenJuly 14, 2010
Thanks for posting about the waffles! That was definitely a way to start the day off with a bang! I love your site!
Susan @ SGCCJuly 15, 2010
So glad you liked my cupcakes! I called them cupcakes because I used a coffee cake recipe. But, they actually turned out more like a muffin. A very tasty muffin! Thanks for including them in your roundup! 🙂
AnhJuly 15, 2010
Fabulous roundup as always!