- You can find a chocolate fix in a batch of the Chocolate Toffee Cookies that Sugar Cooking baked up this week. They’re almost brownies, in cookie form, with very little flour and lots of melted chocolate in the dough. Toffee bits and walnuts break up the intensity of the chocolate a bit, and add a little extra texture to the cookies. The dough for these cookies has to chill a bit before baking, so take that into account before starting a batch.
- Two Peas and Their Pod squeezed all the classic elements of a s’more into one batch of S’mores Cookies. These cookies have graham cracker crumbs in the dough, along with chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows. I love the fact that you can still see the Hershey’s logo on the chunks of chocolate, straight from the chocolate bar, since Hershey’s bars are definitely the classic chocolate used for a good campout s’more.
- I tend to find lemon sorbets in ice cream shops, not lemon ice creams, but Use Real Butter‘s description of some homemade Lemon Ice Cream puts me in the mood for some. The ice cream uses both lemon juice and lots of lemon zest, along with milk, cream, egg yolks and sugar, which you would find in most ice creams. The lemon really comes through in the finished ice cream, making a creamy and refreshing treat for a hot summer day.
- Princess cake is a popular Swedish dessert, a sponge cake layered with pastry cream, whipped cream and jam, then sealed in with a dome of green-tinged fondant. The dessert is distinctive, and quite beautiful. That beauty translates into cuteness in The Cookie Shop‘s Princess Cupcakes, which are miniature versions of the larger namesake cake. The primary difference, aside from the size, is that the cupcakes start out as vanilla cupcakes, not as sponge cake. This recipe comes along with some great step-by-step photos that show you how to assemble them yourself.
- The Sour Cherry Almond Frozen Yogurt recipe that Always Order Dessert is simple and flavorful. The thing that really caught my eye with this recipe was the story that accompanied it. It’s a reminiscence of an unusually eventful childhood trip to an ice cream shop. I have to admit that I’ve referred to sugar as a “drug” before in jest, so take a peek at the story and take your own guess as to what the players might have been referring to – ice cream, or something else?
[…] Read more from the original source: Bites from other Blogs […]
[…] This post was Twitted by TwoPeasandPod […]
[…] This post was Twitted by Candylatte […]
[…] Bites from other Blogs | Baking Bites bakingbites.com/2009/08/bites-from-other-blogs-105 – view page – cached […]
[…] On a side note, my S’mores cookies were featured on Baking Bites this week! Yahoo! Check out the post here. […]
MariaAugust 26, 2009
Thanks for mentioning my Smore’s cookies! They really are tasty:)
AlejandraAugust 26, 2009
Thank you for including me in your list! I’m happy you liked my story. To this day, I still wonder what those guys were really talking about!
PaulaAugust 26, 2009
You have no idea how thrilled I am to see a link to my blog here! I’m a big fan of Baking Bites since forever. Than you!
qncenterlab03August 27, 2009
nice post,keep it up
HowmydayDecember 13, 2009
well.. it’s like I said!