Ice creams are some of the most populardesserts in the country, with annual sales in the billions. To be more specific ice creams and frozen novelties are popular. Something along the lines of 35% of the frozen dessert market is made up of low fat/low cal ice creams, as well as gelato, sorbet, frozen yogurt and water ice.
Frozen yogurt and gelato are at the top of my list (as well as banana pops, since I tend to stick to homemade treats most of the time), but Forbes decided to make a list of their own picks for the coolest healthy desserts. They are mostly commercially available items and include:
- MaggieMoo’s Creamy Mango Zoomer
- Turkey Hill Duetto Gelati in Cherry Vanilla
- Yogen Früz Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt
- WholeSoy & Co. Crème Caramel Frozen Yogurt
- Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Light Ice Cream
- Cold Stone Creamery’s Birthday Cake Remix Creation with Light Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Bar
- TCBY’s Beriyo Smoothie
- Stonyfield Farm Organic Raspberry White Chocolate Chunk Low-Fat Frozen Yogurt
- Dreyer’s and Edy’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Slow Churned Yogurt Blends
Are any of these picks on your list of favorites? The smoothies (MaggieMoo’s and TCBY’s) aren’t exactly my idea of dessert, but some of their other picks don’t sound half-bad, especially the more creative frozen yogurt combinations.