Summer is a time for simple desserts, either because you want to spend time enjoying the nice weather or because it’s too hot inside to linger over the stove. These desserts are on the quicker side, so you won’t be stuck indoors all day long just to make a treat for friends and family.
- If you have ever had fried ice cream at a Mexican restaurant, you’ll enjoy Thirsty Radish‘s No Churn Mexican Ice Cream. The ice cream recipe has a cinnamon sugar-coated cornflake mixture folded in, which gives the ice cream the same crunch that you get from fried ice cream. The ice cream base has a hint of tequila and vanilla in it, and doesn’t require and ice cream maker to put it all together.
- Let’s Eat Cake‘s Strawberry Banana Cupcakes offer a simple way to get into the spirit of summer baking. The banana bread-like cupcakes are packed with finely chopped fresh strawberries, which work well in the already moist cake batter. The fruity cakes are finished with a vanilla frosting that adds a nice additional sweetness to each bite.
- Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt‘s Strawberry Lemon Cookie Cups are a cute dessert option because each cookie looks like a little tart! The recipe starts with buttery sugar cookie cups, which are baked in muffin tins to give them their shape. After baking, the cups are filled with a homemade strawberry lemon curd that is bursting with summer flavor. You could adapt this recipe to fit mini muffin tins for an even cuter, bite-size option.
- This Blueberry Bundt Cake with Elderflower Glaze from Drizzld is another cake that is quick to mix up and bake, through it needs a bit longer in the oven than some of the other recipes on today’s list. The fluffy bundt cake is made with tangy greek yogurt and flavored with a touch of vanilla, then packed with in-season blueberries. An elderflower glaze is a simple and flavorful way to finish off the cake.
- Recipe Throwback: The next time you’re in need of a simple summer dessert, look no further than this Buttermilk Blueberry Clafoutis. The custardy dish is bursting with berry flavor and it only takes a few minutes to put it together. A clafoutis is a little bit like a tart without a crust, so you could absolutely consider this to be a lighter summer treat, as well.