Summer is just about here and that means that it’s time to roll out the fruit desserts. And I love fruit desserts. But chocolate never goes out of season in my kitchen and, I was in the mood for a little chocolate when I picked out this week’s recipe roundup!
- Seasons and Suppers baked up a delightful looking Vanilla Brownie Pound Cake Loaf. The loaf cake is made of both a dense, tender pound cake batter and a rich brownie batter. The two different layers are swirled together for a loaf that looks as good as it tastes. Serve thick slices with fruit and whipped cream, or eat them on their own!
- No bake desserts are always welcome in the summer and the No Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake from Marsha’s Baking Addiction sounds like a winner. The cake starts with an oreo cookie crust, topped with a filling made with plenty of dark chocolate and cream cheese. After it has set, the cheesecake is finished with a rich chocolate ganache. It’s decadent, and much easier to put together than you might think.
- Courtney’s Cookbook‘s Orange Creamsicle Cookies are studded with white chocolate chips, which add the right creaminess to the orange-infused cookie dough to get that classic creamsicle flavor. This recipe makes a small batch of cookies and is a little bit on the lighter side, as it uses applesauce in place of some of the fat that you would find in a similar recipe.
- When you want a dessert that is rich without being too sweet, look no further than A Fork & A Pencil‘s Bittersweet Chocolate Loaf Cake. This grown up cake has a light texture and is flavored with a generous amount of high quality dark chocolate. This cake is perfect for pairing with fruit and whipped cream, or with a creamy latte as an indulgent breakfast option.
- Recipe Throwback: It’s hard to resist a good chocolate chip cookie, but I don’t like to make the same cookie over and over with no variation. These Cornmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a neat little twist on the classic, adding some unexpected texture to a buttery, chocolaty treat.