You don’t need to fight traffic at your local mall or scour the internet for free shipping coupons when you can make a memorable holiday gift in the comfort of your own kitchen! These are some of my favorite giftable treats to make during the holidays. They’re all easy and delicious. You might need to run to the grocery store to pick up any ingredients that you don’t already have, but you’ll save lots of time and money in the long run.
- Homemade Hot Chocolate on A Stick is a delightful treat that you’ll see on sale at many retailers this season, but you can save quite a bit by making them at home. They’re not much more than cubes of chocolate on a stick and you can make them in an ice cube tray that you already probably have on hand.
- Vanilla extract will always be appreciated by a baker, but my Homemade Pumpkin Spice Extract is an ingredient that they probably don’t have in their pantry yet! Made with cinnamon, cloves and vanilla beans, this extract can turn anything from pumpkin pie to cinnamon buns into a well-seasoned finished product.
- Baked goods don’t have to be sweet and a batch of Homemade Gorgonzola Crackers will prove it. These crackers are easy to make and are very addicting. Pair them with a set of cheese knives – or simply a couple of cheeses – and you’ll have a very impressive holiday gift!
- If your recipients have a well-stocked liquor cabinet, you might try a batch of Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur. This is shockingly easy to make and delicious when served over ice as a festive holiday cocktail. This recipe can be served right away, so you really can do it at the last minute.
- A few Homemade Melting Snowman Chocolates are an impressive treat to bring to a holiday party. The too-cute-to-eat snowmen are built around a fluffy marshmallow base and can be made with either candy melts or tempered white chocolate.
And if you don’t have time to make anything, consider the Kindle version of The Baking Bites Cookbook, which is loaded with fantastic recipes that you won’t find on the blog! It’s sure to be appreciated by anyone who loves to bake.