Pie is one of my favorite desserts and I eat it year-round. That said, I definitely kick my pie baking into high gear around the holidays. Pies are a staple dessert at just about all of my holiday celebrations – I even serve them at brunches! To celebrate the start of the holiday pie season, I’ll be focused on pie tips, pie recipes and more all week long in my annual Pie Week celebration! I’ll be adding new updates to this post all week for easy reference to all of the Pie Week posts, but you can also simply follow along with the regular feed.
- Me, Myself and Pie (cookbook)
- Individual Pumpkin Pies (recipe)
- Baking Bites Cookbook Gift Pack Giveaway! (enter now!)
- Bites from other Blogs, pie edition
- Bourbon Butterscotch Cream Pie (recipe)
- What are Moon Pies?
- Cherry Cranberry Pie (recipe)
- Gluten Free Vanilla Hazelnut Pie Crust (recipe)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie (recipe)
- Silicone Pie Weights
- Butter vs Shortening in Pie Crusts (tips!)
Here are a few links to great pie basics already on the site that are must-reads, and don’t miss the Baking Bites Pie Week Board on Pinterest:
- Cherry Crumble Pie
- Snickerdoodle Pie
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- Bruleed Pumpkin Pie
- Cannoli Pie
- Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie
Pie Crust Recipes:
Pie Baking Basics:
- What is blind baking?
- How to keep a pie crust from shrinking
- Why do pie recipes approximate the amount of water?
- How to make a lattice pie crust
- What kind of pie plate is best?
- Tips for troubleshooting pie crusts
- How to roll out pie dough, video