Halloween is about many things, including pumpkin, chocolate and candy. These three elements alone are music to my ears, so it should be no surprise that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I suspect that I’m not the only one with sweet-tooth this time of year, since I’m seeing amazing seasonal treats everywhere I look!
- You will find both your pumpkin and chocolate fix in Life, Love and Sugar‘s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches. These sweet sandwiches start with double chocolate chocolate chip cookies that are soft and flavorful. They’re a good choice for the sandwich because they won’t push the filling out when you take a big bite. The filling is a pumpkin cream cheese frosting that pairs well with chocolate, but could also be used to give cakes and cupcakes a fall flavor.
- The Reeses Frankenstein Cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake are almost too cute to eat. The base is a moist chocolate cupcake that is topped with green frosting that is carefully shaped into an adorable monster that will appeal to trick-or-treaters of all ages. It’s easy to make and sure to get lots of praise for the chef – just before they are all gobbled up!
- Dessert Now Dinner Later got inspired by the colors of candy corn and created Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars. The bars are made with vanilla sugar cookie dough that is dyed orange and yellow and layered together. They’re topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting and cut into triangles. They’re a bit bigger than the original candies that inspired them, but everyone who sees them will instantly know where the idea came from!
- Candy corn pops up again in Spicy Southern Kitchen‘s Candy Corn Fudge. This white chocolate confection looks quite sweet at first glance, but it has a few surprising ingredients inside. The fudge is actually made with cream cheese, which helps create a creamy texture and add a hint of tangy to cut the sugar. It is also packed with bits of salted pretzels, which are the perfect way to balance a rich white chocolate treat. The candy corn are only added on top, but they are a must for the season.
- One final candy corn treat comes in liquid form, Candy Corn Shots from Barman’s Journal. These decidedly adult shots feature different liqueurs and juices that are layered together to create a drink that looks just like a candy corn, with layers of yellow, red and white that are neatly separated. The drink doesn’t taste anything like candy corn – which might be a good thing, if you’re looking for a drink to cut the sweetness of all that candy at your next Halloween party.