- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On July 9, 2014 @ 7:12 am In Foodies and Chefs | No Comments
- Like carrot cake, zucchini cake and zucchini bread are both excellent when paired with cream cheese or cream cheese frosting. That tangy sweetness seems to be the perfect compliment for any loaf that has veggies packed into it. Cookie Madness baked a Zucchini Bread with Cream Cheese Filling, which just might be the perfect way to enjoy this flavor combination. You’ll get some of that rich, tangy cream cheese flavor in every slice, and you won’t need to worry about having to take the extra step of frosting the loaf before serving.
- Fruit leather is the kind of sweet treat that I would often find in my lunch box as a kid. It was sweet enough to satisfy me, but fruit leathers are usually mostly fruit, so it was also the kind of snack that my parents could still feel good about feeding me. Baked by Rachel made some Watermelon Fruit Leather that looks so delicious and summery that it might have you putting fruit leather into your own lunch box again. The snacks are surprisingly easy to make, with a beautiful pink color and lots of watermelon flavor. It takes a little while to dry out the “leather” in the oven, so pop in a movie and be patient until it is ready to eat.
- A Blueberry and Peach Coffee Cake, like this one from Brown Eyed Baker, is a great way to kick off a summer brunch. The cake is packed with seasonal blueberries and fresh peaches for an interior that is extremely moist and flavorful. The cake is also topped off with a layer of buttery streusel that adds extra crunch and flavor to the cake. It is a fantastic way to start the morning, but it also makes a great dessert if you’re looking for an alternative to the usual fruit cobbler.
- Another peachy dessert is Beyond Frosting‘s Peach Maple Walnut Ice Cream. This homemade ice cream is loaded with flavor. It starts off with fresh peaches that are sauteed in browned butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Then, the peaches are added to a rich brown sugar and maple ice cream base that has a splash of bourbon added into the mix for a little extra pop of flavor. Toasted walnuts add a buttery crunch and give the finished ice cream a little texture. Turn a scoop into a summer sundae with more sauteed peaches, or top off a slice of homemade peach pie for double the peach flavor.
- Anyone that has a soft spot for cookie dough ice cream should put a batch of these Cookie Dough Ice Cream Blondie Sandwiches from Bakeology by Lisa high on their must-try list for the summer. The sandwiches start with a rich blondie cookie base that is split in half and stuffed with cookie dough ice cream. The flavor of the blondies perfectly matches the brown sugar flavor that you’ll find in those cookie dough chunks, for lots of cookie dough flavor in each bite.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2014/07/bites-from-other-blogs-353/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!