- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On June 25, 2014 @ 7:01 am In Foodies and Chefs | 1 Comment
- I’ve been on a popsicle-making kick lately and Very Culinary‘s Strawberry Jam Yogurt Popsicles are a great place to kick start your own popsicle season. The pops are very easy to make and have just four ingredients: Greek yogurt, strawberry jam, honey and fresh strawberries. The jam gives a great color to the pops and really amps up the strawberry flavor, since the berry flavor in jam is already quite concentrated. Fresh strawberries give the pops some texture and allow the berries to visually “pop” in the pops themselves. You can try the same technique with other flavors of jam and berries, too, such as blueberries or raspberries.
- Galettes are slightly rustic fruit tarts that are an easy and delicious way to showcase fresh fruit without the effort of making a traditional pie. Confections of a Foodie Bride whipped up some Drunken Cherry Galettes that look just about irresistible. The filling for the tarts is made with red wine-soaked cherries. The wine adds a layer of complexity to the already sweet cherries, and makes the finished tarts a little more sophisticated in flavor. The cherries are piled on flaky, buttery pie crust that is a wonderful contrast to the tender cherries. Leftover wine is reduced into a syrup and drizzled over the tarts before serving.
- The Strawberry Limoncello Charlotte from In Simone’s Kitchen is a great example of a no-bake summer dessert that is idea for a celebration. The charlotte is made with ladyfingers that are soaked in a mixture of limoncello and strawberry juice, then pressed into a charlotte mold to form the top and sides of the dessert. The ladyfinger frame is filled with a fresh strawberry mousse, then finished with another layer of ladyfingers. the dessert is put in the refrigerator to chill and set up, and what you’re left with is a light, summery cake that is full of fresh fruit flavors held together by moist, delicate ladyfingers.
- A lot of summer desserts are on the simpler side, but summer vacations and holidays often mean that we have a bit of extra time to take on multi-step baking projects. Baking the Goods whipped up a Berry Blitz Torte that takes a little extra time to prepare than your average strawberry shortcake, but makes for a real showstopper of a summer dessert. The torte is made with meringue-topped layers of cake that are stacked together with a homemade honey custard and lots of fresh berries. The resulting dessert looks impressive, and has a fantastic array of different flavors and textures that all come together in each bite.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2014/06/bites-from-other-blogs-351/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!