- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On May 15, 2013 @ 7:04 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | 2 Comments
- The Blackberry Malt Cupcakes from Kailley’s Kitchen sound like they were inspired by something you could get at an old fashioned soda fountain. The cupcakes are made with lots of malted milk powder, in addition to vanilla, which gives them a little of the classic malt flavor you would expect to find in a malted vanilla milkshake. They’re topped with a blackberry buttercream frosting, which gets its beautiful color and flavor from freeze dried blackberries. A few fresh berries are the perfect garnish. You could try these cupcakes with other berry flavors, too, such as raspberries and strawberries for another flavor option.
- Italian Chips‘ Strawberry Cake is a simple dessert that is a lovely way to use up fresh summer strawberries. The cake looks almost like a cheesecake at first glance – and that is because it is made with a generous amount of ricotta cheese, which gives it a lot of moisture and some of the density that you would expect to find in a cheesecake, although this cake does have some flour and beaten egg whites added in to give it a softer, fluffier texture overall. The cake is studded with fresh strawberries, which add pops of color and flavor to the top of the cake and give it a beautiful summery look.
- One look at the Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies Filled With Caramel and Peanut Butter from Bakeaholic Mama and you know you’re looking at indulgence. The cookies are not only made with nutty browned butter, but they are each topped with a caramel and just enough peanut butter to give that caramel a salty-sweet finish. Fresh out of the oven, the centers will still be soft and gooey, although the caramel will firm up to a chewier texture as the cookies cool to room temperature. It’s a relatively simple recipe, but with a fantastic combination of flavors that is likely to make these cookies very addictive.
- The next time you are looking for a very quick recipe that features peanut butter, you should probably turn to the Peanut Butter Honey Buttermilk Cake with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Streusel from Averie Cooks. It might take longer to say the name than to put together this quick mixing cake! The cake delivers a double dose of peanut butter in both the cake and the streusel on top of it. It is sweetened with honey, a flavor that goes wonderfully with peanut butter and an ingredient that keeps this cake nice and moist. With the streusel on top, this cake could double as a treat for brunch or dessert.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2013/05/bites-from-other-blogs-297/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!