- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On April 17, 2013 @ 7:02 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | 1 Comment
- If you’ve never had a bialy, you should definitely consider making a batch of Bialys with Caramelised Onion and Poppy Seeds to see what you’re missing. This batch of NY-city staples were baked by The Moonblush Baker. Bialys are chewy, bagel-like breads that are typically topped with onions and they are very popular in New York City, but tend to not be as well known elsewhere. The caramelized onions that top these add a savory sweetness that works well with the bread and makes them addictive, whether you want to serve them plain or, like bagels, spread with cream cheese.
- The Mini Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Cheesecakes from The Gunny Sack are the perfect treat for peanut butter lovers. The mini cheesecakes have a peanut butter base studded with peanut butter and chocolate chips. The base is made from chocolate cookie crumbs, which provides enough chocolate flavor to make you think of a peanut butter cup – and the peanut butter and chocolate glaze on top does the same thing. They’re indulgent, but they’re also small enough to easily enjoy in single servings.
- Salty and sweet things have been a trend – and a good one – for quite some time now, but people continue to push the envelop with the idea and Chasing Delicious‘s Salt & Vinegar Chips Topped Chocolate Cake is a great, and unexpected, example. This rich chocolate cake has a dark chocolate flavor and a very moist, tender crumb. You could top it with anything, but this one is topped with decadent ganache and loads of salt and vinegar shoestring potato chips. The salt and vinegar make your mouth water and that actually makes the cake taste even better when you get to a bite of the chocolate. As if that weren’t enough, there is also a generous drizzle of caramel poured over the cake to enhance the sweetness and that sweet-salty contrast even more.
- Another single serving treat comes in the form of the Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Muffins from On Sugar Mountain. As much as I like big coffee cakes, the smaller versions often seem just a little more tempting because they get the cake-to-crumb ratio just right. These coffee cakes have a classic brown sugar and cinnamon streusel topping, but they also have a brown sugar and cinnamon swirl running through the batter to give them a lovely look and a bit more flavor. They’re quick and easy to make, so you don’t have to wait for a special brunch occasion to bake a batch.
- You can’t go wrong with donuts in almost any situation, and that is even more true when you’re taking about freshly fried, homemade donuts. Handle The Heat‘s Yeast-Raised Chocolate Glazed Donuts look good enough to grab off of your screen. If you’ve never tried yeast donuts, you’ll be surprised that the dough is not difficult to make and very straightforward to work with, although you have to have a little patience when making them to allow for the dough to rise. You will probably want to pick up a donut cutter so that you can get that classic donut shape once you’re ready to cut and fry them. The effort is all worth it when you take that first bite of a light, fluffy donut that is light years ahead of what the local donut shop is doing.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2013/04/bites-from-other-blogs-293/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!