- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On March 20, 2013 @ 7:08 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | 3 Comments
- Strawberry lemonade is lemonade that is spiked with a little bit of red fruit – such as strawberries – to give it a pink color and a little extra sweetness. The Brass Halo captured the flavor of this popular summer drink in a batch of Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. The moist cupcakes themselves are lemon flavored. The “pink” comes in because they are topped off with a strawberry frosting made with real strawberries. It has a lovely light pink color and delivers the sweet flavor of the berries in every bite.
- St Patrick’s Day might be over for this year, but that is no reason to overlook this lovely Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Cream Frosting that A Beautiful Bite baked. The three-layer cake looks stunning, since the nearly black chocolate cake contrasts beautifully with the white irish cream frosting that it is stacked up with. The cake is ultra-moist and has a deep chocolate flavor, thanks in part to the Guinness that is used in it and a touch of espresso. The frosting has a generous dose of Irish cream that ties everything together. The best part is that this cake is easy to assemble and looks beautiful just by stacking those layers together.
- Maple and bacon is a flavor combination that shows up everywhere from breakfast to dessert these days, but the Maple Bacon Marshmallows that Bourbonnatrix Bakes made are a very unusual form for this flavor combination to take. These start out as simple maple marshmallows, made with high quality maple syrup to give them a rich maple flavor. 1 1/2 cups of homemade chopped candied bacon is stirred in before the fluffy marshmallows set up. The result is a candy with a sweet-salty flavor and strong elements of both maple and bacon. The texture means that you probably won’t want to toss these in a mug of hot chocolate, but they’ll be delicious on their own.
- Cheesecake is delicious, but lately I prefer making cheesecake bars to full size cheesecakes. They’re easier to make and it seems easier to get creative with the flavors that you can add to them. Handle the Heat recent made some Lime and White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars. The crust is made with vanilla wafter cookies and ground macadamia nuts, which give the crust a nice texture and a slightly tropical twist that ties in well with the lime in the cheesecake. The cheesecake layer itself, in addition to fresh lime juice and zest, is enriched with melted white chocolate that gives the cheesecake a nice richness and contrasts with the tart lime.
- The Well Floured Kitchen‘s Carrot Bread with Whipped Orange Cream Cheese is a take on carrot cake that you can feel good about eating for breakfast. The whole grain bread is made with white whole wheat flour, rolled oats and ground flaxseed, in addition to being packed with shredded carrots. Instead of being topped with cream cheese frosting, the orange cream cheese spread is served on the side and you can add as much or as little as you like to each slice of carrot bread.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2013/03/bites-from-other-blogs-289/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!