- Cinnamon buns are a delicious breakfast treat, but they get even more delicious when something like Nutella is introduced to them. My Kitchen in the Rockies baked some Nutella Buns with Pecans and Cinnamon. The buns start out with a basic cinnamon roll dough, but are spread generously with Nutella before being rolled up. Like a sticky bun, these are baked in a mixture of pecans and brown sugar that give them a deliciously sticky, sweet and crunchy topping.
- Light and sweet strawberry shortcake is one of my favorite strawberry desserts, and A Swoonful of Sugar‘s Japanese Strawberry Shortcake looks as light and pretty as a cloud. The cake is made with layers of fluffy sponge cake that are stacked up with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. The layers look beautiful in the finished dessert and the combination of cake and whipped cream is the perfect background for sweet, brightly colored berries. The only downside is that once you’ve made a cake this pretty, you might not be able to go back to the bakery version of it.
- The combination of peppermint and chocolate in a peppermint pattie candy is both sweet and refreshing. The Peppermint Pattie Cookies from How Sweet Eats add some decadence to that candy combination. The cookies are rich, buttery and brownie-like – and they’re delicious on their own. They’re topped with homemade peppermint cream and drizzled with ganache, for a more chocolaty and more indulgent version of a peppermint pattie than you’ll find anywhere else.
- Mojito fans will definitely want to take a peek at The Messy Baker Blog‘s Mojito Bundt Cake – but don’t be alarmed that the cake looks plain, because it is packed with flavor. Mojitos are a drink that feature lime, mint and rum in them. The tender bundt cake is flavored with lime zest, lime juice, rum and coconut milk. The mint comes into the cake in the form of a lime, mint and rum glaze that is poured onto the cake while it is still warm so that it can be soaked right into the bundt.
- The Super Bowl is an event that focuses on savory foods, for the most part, but no occasion is complete without a little dessert and a football-inspired treat is perfect for the occasion. Cupcake Project was inspired to bake Football Shaped Cupcakes in Eggshells. The cupcakes take a little bit more work than your average batch of cupcakes, but the finished product looks impressively like a real football and is fun both to share and to eat.
Trader Joe's Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, reviewed
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes with Chocolate Crumb Crust