- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites From Other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On January 9, 2013 @ 7:09 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | No Comments
- Granola bars are usually a great snack when you’re on-the-go, but most people buy them rather than making them at home. Cookie Madness‘s Chewy Wheat Bran Granola Bars are a good option for making granola bars yourself, rather than buying them. The bars are packed with good-for-you wheat bran, oat bran and oatmeal, bound together with peanut butter, a corn syrup and a little melted butter. The bars are baked just long enough to allow everything to hold together, and once they’ve cooled you can slice them into snack-sized bars. If you individually wrap them, like store-bought granola bars, you can easily pop them into lunches, backpacks and even your purse for a snack.
- You could make a batch of the Butterscotch Cheesecake Bars from Little B Cooks in no time flat. These bars are decadent, with sweet butterscotch and rich cream cheese, but they’re so easy to make that this could easily be an everyday indulgence. The bars have an oatmeal and butterscotch crumble mixture as a crust and as a topping, with a vanilla and lemon-scented cheesecake layer in between. The combination of flavors and textures really works well in a dessert like this one and makes these bars downright addictive.
- I found another cheesecake bar recipe at Bakers’ Royale. These Kit Kat Cheesecake Bars are a multi-layered dessert inspired by – and including – the popular candy bars. They start out with a graham cracker crust, which is topped with a layer of Kit Kat bars and a rich chocolate cheesecake batter. These three layers are then baked, to set the cheesecake. To finish off the bars, the cooled cheesecake is topped with a chocolate ganache and garnished with a little white chocolate swirl. The candy bars meld right in to the cheesecake and give each slice an amazing layered look.
- A little whole grain flour is a good way to make a dessert seem a little bit healthier, and that is definitely the case with Milk and Honey‘s Wholemeal Chocolate Blueberry Jam Cake, which is made with whole wheat flour and with flaxseed to give it a little nutrient boost. The chocolate cake still packs a great chocolate flavor and is very moist, thanks to the inclusion of blueberry jam right in the cake batter. Some more blueberry jam goes into the chocolate frosting that tops off the finished cake, too. Blueberries go well with chocolate, but chocolate has a strong enough flavor that it will still be the standout element of this dessert. To draw more attention to the blueberries, you can garnish the top of the cake with fresh berries to finish it off.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2013/01/bites-from-other-blogs-279/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!