- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On October 17, 2012 @ 7:13 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | No Comments
- Chasing Delicious‘s Spiced Chocolate Caramel Cake with Baked Pears offers a taste of fall, with a bit of chocolate, in a very elegant package. The beautiful dessert starts with a chocolate cake that has a hint of cinnamon and coffee in it. The cake layers are stacked with a spiced buttercream frosting and topped off with a roasted pear and a lot of cinnamon-kissed caramel sauce. The pears and caramel sauce are good enough to eat on their own, if you want to skip the cake and pair them with vanilla ice cream, too.
- My grandmother would always put a slice of cheese on top of her apple pie, because she liked that salty-sweet combination. Swallow Food‘s Cheddar & McIntosh Apple Hand Pies would definitely be a hit with her because they use that same delicious combination. The single-serving pies are filled with juicy apples and plenty of sharp cheese. Sweet and savory, these pies are a good choice for dessert or for breakfast. Top the pies with cinnamon sugar before baking for a crisp, sweet crust. Or, sprinkle them with some grated cheese (like my grandma would do) for a crispy cheese topping to highlight the cheese further.
- Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits are a light alternative to pumpkin pie this fall. Baked By Rachel started this dessert off with a homemade pumpkin mousse, lightened with whipped cream to give it a fluffy texture. The mousse is layered with spicy gingersnap cookies. When first assembled, the cookies are going to have a little bit of crunch to them. As the dessert sits, they’ll lose their crunch, but keep their spicy bite and deliver a great flavor contrast.
- The Coconut Cappuccino Muffins from Sprinkle Bakes look unassuming from a distance, but these muffins are anything but plain. The muffins have a warm, cappuccino flavor that delivers a little pick-me-up in the morning. They’re filled with a creamy cream cheese filling and topped with plenty of coconut streusel that adds yet another great flavor element to these muffins. There is something in here for everyone, and the moist muffin, rich filling and crisp topping is an irresistible combination.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2012/10/bites-from-other-blogs-267/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!