- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On August 29, 2012 @ 7:11 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | No Comments
- It is always good to be prepared for an emergency, and Half Baked‘s Hurricane Survival Brownies are good enough to help you weather any storm.The fudgy brownies are loaded with chocolate chips and they’re topped with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting that makes for a delicious (and addictive) peanut butter-chocolate combination. The brownies bake up quickly, so they can be ready to go on short notice, and they store well, so they’ll be ready for snacking even if the bad weather lasts for a while.
- Plums are really hitting their stride right about now, and you can find beautifully ripe ones at most farmers markets. They can be eaten raw, or treated like other stone fruits and baked into pies, cobblers and cakes. The Plum Upside Down Cake that Bakingdom made with her Italian plums is one that really stands out from the pack, simply because the cake is so beautiful to look at with its sunset-colored plum topping. The buttery, vanilla cake base really sets off the fresh fruit.
- The Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart that Annie’s Eats baked up is a showstopper. The tart has a chocolate crust and is filled with a combination of creamy peanut butter and decadent chocolate ganache. It’s like a very grown up chocolate peanut butter cup – but probably made with better ingredients than you’re going to find in the candy aisle. The swirling decoration drawn on top of the tart is also beautiful, and is a surprisingly simple way to dress up the tart as you put it together.
- Blueberry muffins are a morning classic, but the basic muffin can get a little bit boring after a while and it is nice to have some ways to dress that muffin up. Cookie Madness’s Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish Muffins are the perfect dressed up blueberry muffin. The muffins have a cream cheese filling, in addition to being packed with blueberries, and are topped off with a crunchy cinnamon streusel topping. A hint of lemon give both the cream cheese and the muffins a little extra flavor, and make the sweetness of the berries pop even more.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2012/08/bites-from-other-blogs-260/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!