- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On May 16, 2012 @ 7:15 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | No Comments
- Strawberry season is here for the summer and there are lots of ways to put those juicy berries to good use. One way is in Tide and Thyme‘s Strawberry Yogurt Cake. This moist bundt cake is packed with bright, red berries that give each slice a very summery look. It is flavored with a bit of lemon and vanilla, which compliment the strawberries nicely. It is a rich and satisfying cake, made with butter, yogurt and buttermilk, and would make a good base for other berry cakes, as well.
- The Creme Brulee Donuts that I Am A Food Blog look completely irresistible. The classic french custard dessert is reimagined in a bite sized ball of fried dough – and that is a good thing. These little round donuts are made with a yeast dough and are deep fried until golden. Each one is stuffed with vanilla pastry cream and topped with a little bit of glaze and sugar, which is caramelized to give the donuts the look and flavor of a well-prepared creme brulee.
- Ibarra chocolate is a brand of Mexican table chocolate, which is made with coarse sugar and cinnamon, and comes in tablets that are meant to be used for cooking or making hot chocolate. The tablets can be used for all kinds of recipes and infuse a great flavor into a dish, such as the Mexican Chili Fudge from Macheesmo. The fudge uses Ibarra chocolate and semisweet chocolate as its base, to give the fudge a strong chocolate flavor, and is flavored with a generous pinch of cayenne to add some heat to the spice already found in the Mexican chocolate.
- Peanut butter pie is a very decadent dessert that is loved by many – but it is so rich that sometimes you might not want to make a whole pie for yourself. A solution is to make up a batch of Peanut Butter Pie Shooters, instead. A Pinch of Yum made these delightful mini-desserts for a baby shower recently. The shooters pack in a satisfying portion of creamy peanut butter pie filling on top of an Oreo cookie crumb “crust” in small, elegant glasses. They’re beautiful to look at and are a great way to dress up a homey cream pie for a party – or break a whole pie down into smaller servings for regular events.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2012/05/bites-from-other-blogs-245/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!