- I’d say it was just the effect of my tropical vacation that made Desserts for Breakfast‘s Passionfruit Whoopie Pies appeal to me, but the truth is that I like passionfruit any time. These chocolaty whoopie pies sandwich a creamy, fruity filling that is made with vanilla frosting and passion fruit curd. The curd is homemade, with passion fruit juice or passion fruit nectar (which you can find in the supermarket), too!
- If you rund out of ideas for overripe bananas besides banana bread, give it a twist with Banana Nut Bread Waffles from Willow Bird Baking. These waffles start out with a fairly basic buttermilk waffle recipe, to which mashed bananas, cinnamon and chopped walnuts were added.These all give the waffles a great banana nut flavor, while keeping the waffles light, crisp and ready for maple syrup.
- Coconut and chocolate always makes a great combination, and the two meet up excepetionally well in some bar cookies that Craving Chronicles made recently. Black Bottom Coconut Bars have a brownie base and are topped with a mixture of coconut and sweetened condensed milk, which gives them a macaroon-like topping. The coconut crisps up on top, but remains nice and gooey towards the brownie layer below. Feel free to add even more flavor by adding nuts or chocolate chips into the coconut topping (or the brownies!).
- The name is what sold me on Apple and Spice‘s Nutty Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Cake. It’s hard to resist a name like that, that promises so many tasty ingredients in one dish. The nuts, dark chocolate and cinnamon chips make up the topping for this cake, as well as a center swirl for it. The cake is baked in a loaf pan, so it’s a great everyday cake that requires no frosting, and it makes a great bakcdrop for all the other flavors here.
- Lemon and Lime Butter Cookies are the perfect match for a cup of tea for citrus fans. Kitchen Fervor put plenty of fresh zest into these buttery cookies and put more on top, by creating a zest-infused sugar mixture for topping each of the cookie rounds. All that coarse sugar makes for a great topping, so these cookies are crisp, sweet and flavorful.
TeaCupCake Cupcake Molds
Chocolate Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting