- Baking Bites - http://bakingbites.com -
Bites from other Blogs
Posted By Nicole On May 27, 2009 @ 7:13 am In Baking,Foodies and Chefs | 1 Comment
- A dewberry looks like a blackberry, and, according to Homesick Texan, might actually be the same thing as a blackberry. Feel free to substitute one for the other in order to make this Dewberry Cobbler because whatever you call them, these dark purple berries are just coming into season and this easy to make cobbler is a great way to enjoy them. The dough comes together quickly and is made with melted buttet and buttermilk, and it is simply patted into place over the filling, made from fresh berries, a bit of sugar and a bit of cornstarch to help things thicken up. Don’t forget the ice cream when you go to serve it!
- You can’t go wrong with chocolate and coffee, and Culinary in the Country‘s Chocolate and Espresso Cookies are chock full of both flavors. The cookies are dark and rich tasting, with lots of bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder. They get their coffee flavor from instant espresso powder, which does a nice job of infusing coffee flavor without the need to add additional liquids to the dough. If you want to get creative, these cookies are probably great for making ice cream sandwiches, with either vanilla or coffee ice cream inside.
- Sugar and Spice gave a Paula Deen recipe a try: Bobby’s Caramel Cake. This three-tiered cake has fluffy white cake layers that are topped with a rich caramel frosting and loads of pecans. The finished result is a cake that has a rich praline flavor to it. It’s sweet, but the frosting balances perfectly with the classic cake base. This is a great cake for a party when you’re looking to do something that isn’t chocolate.
- But speaking of chocolate, theChocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake that PigPig’s Corner recently made, looks delicious and sounds decadent. The cheesecake has a shortbread base made with ground hazelnuts and a cheesecake layer that has swirls of both vanilla and chocolate batter. The batter also has ground hazelnuts in it, adding a little more weight and texture than you might find in other types of cheesecake. It is finished off with a Nutella-spiked chocolate ganache.
- Homemade frozen yogurt is a delicious – and relatively healthy – frozen treat to enjoy during the summer. Sugar Law‘s Mango Ginger Frozen Yogurt is definitely a step above the plain variety of fro-yo. The yogurt features fresh mango, pureed until smooth, and fresh ginger, and has a base of thick Greek-style yogurt. The trick to this particular yogurt is to add a little bit of vodka to the mixture before you freeze it to lower the freezing point slightly, helping to keep the yogurt softer in the freezer.
Article printed from Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com
URL to article: http://bakingbites.com/2009/05/bites-from-other-blogs-92/
Click here to print.
Thanks for visiting Baking Bites! Enjoy this recipe and don't forget to check back to the original posts for comments from other readers who have tried it!