The UK’s Times Online, which is the online version of The Times newspaper, ran a big article on the world of food blogging this week and included their picks for the 50 Best Food Blogs in the World – a list that included Baking Bites, along with many other wonderful sites. It’s an honor to be recognized, and I want to say congrats to the other bloggers and thanks to the readers who support this site and others by visiting, commenting and trying recipes at home!
I’m reprinting the entire list below, so if you have a few minutes (or hours, as the list is very long) to spare, browse through and maybe you’ll be able to add some new favorites to your blogroll.
Best 50 Food Blogs in the World
25. Baking Bites – homemade cookies, muffins and much more [can be found on this baking-focused food blog]
1. Orangette – elegant food writing and recipes from the simple to the delectable
2. Cannelle et Vanille – visually stunning site was started by Spanish pastry chef Aran Goyoaga to satisfy her career-break cravings
3. The Wednesday Chef – documenting the trawl through clippings of recipes from the New York and LA Times.
4. Delicious Days – Munich-based blog features the author’s own recipes, as well as adaptations from other cookbooks
5. David Lebovitz – witty food reportage by cookbook author and ex-pastry chef David Lebovitz, straight from the streets of Paris
6. Chez Pim – Pim’s daily doses of her recipes, restaurant reviews and authoritative all-round food commentary
7. Matt Bites – professional photographer’s charming and humorous site
8. Serious Eats – multi-contributor food website, started by New York Times journalist Ed Levine.
9. 101 Cookbooks – primarily a conduit for savory recipes, mostly vegetarian, and using natural foods
10. Smitten Kitchen – beautiful photography and creative recipes cooked in author Deb Perelman’s tiny New York kitchen
11. Chubby Hubby – everything you need to know about Asian food can be found on this Singaporean-based blog
12. Chocolate and Zucchini – Paris-based Clotilde Dusoulier’s blog full of Parisian gastronomic delights
13. Rambling Spoon – Asia correspondent for Gourmet magazine blogs about food around the world
14. The Pioneer Woman Cooks – Home-cooking and home-schooling from a real-life frontier-living cattle rancher
15. Dorie Greenspan – multi-cookbook author Dorie Greenspan talks pastry, Paris and all things bake-related.
16. Artisan Sweets – another blog for the sweet-toothed readers
17. Eating Asia – colorful blog with photos of everything from ageing street vendors to vibrant street markets from all over Asia.
18. Nordljus – written in both English and Japanese, the primary language of Nordljus is photography
20. Becks & Posh – expat Brit eating local, seasonal produce in sunny California
21. Simply Recipes – superb range of personal recipes
22. Sticky Rice – exotic street-food docu-drama in Hanoi
23. Souvlaki for the Soul – summery Byzantine bites from Sydney
24. Bitten: New York Times – news, views and recipes from the Big Apple’s kitchens
26. La Tartine Gourmande – gorgeous photos, scrummy food
27. Gluten Free Girl – wheat-free wonders and tips for celiacs
28. Steamy Kitchen – modern Asian cuisine by media savvy blogger
29. What’s for Lunch Honey – global menu from Germany
30. Cream Puffs in Venice – Italian influenced mainly sweet-toothed posts
31. Egg Beater – insightful look at the life of a London-based chef
32. Homesick Texan – a New Yorker recreates the much-missed cuisine of her Southern childhood
33. The Traveler’s Lunchbox – great writing served up with recipes
34. Joy the Baker – home-baked goodies from an LA-based twentysomething
35. Cook and Eat – striking photography and a smooth to move-about layout
36. Lucullian Delights – appetising Italian recipes from a Tuscan-based Swede
37. Café Fernando – Turkish delights from Istanbul
38. The Food Section – read all about food news
39. Use Real Butter – tales from an Asian foodie’s life in the Colorado Rockies
40. Tea and Cookies – charming stories accompany yummy recipes
41. Amateur Gourmet – funny writing with a useful “how to” section
42. Wild Yeast – all about bread
43. Tartelette – stunning photography and styling define this popular dessert blog
44. NYC Nosh – reviews of favorite old-school restaurants in New York
45. Not Eating Out in New York – records the rare pursuit of home-cooking in the city
46. Cooksister – South African recipes from a London-based expat
47. Artichoke: Best of British Food – well written seasonal food posts and events
48. Grab Your Fork – Sydney reviews and recipes including a useful restaurant finder
49. A Slice of Cherry Pie – home cooking from the Home Counties
50. The Bitten Word – a charming duo tackle recipes from vintage food magazines.