Ready for a quick look at some of the other recipes I’ve been checking out in the blogosphere this week?
- Kitchen Mage has some wonderful looking Leftover Oatmeal Bread that incorporates – you guessed it – leftover oatmeal, although you can use leftover cooked rice or other cereals, as well. I’ve done a similar loaf in the past, but hers looks outstanding.
- The Dark ChocolateTruffle Cupcakes at Cupcake Bakeshop look like a chocoholic’s dream come true. Each one is filled with an exotically-flavored chocolate truffle, as well as topped with rich ganache.
- If you are looking for a guilt-free frozen treat to beat the heat, take a look at the sugar-free Agave-Sweetened Chocolate Ice Cream that David Lebovitz came up with in response to fan requests for sugar-free recipes.
- Alanna’s old fashioned Cottage Cheese Pie at the (newly redone)Kitchen Parade site looks delicious – and since it’s made with low fat cottage cheese, you can definitely plan on a second slice of pie, along with the little slice of history that is the recipe.
- It has been quite some time since I last made biscotti, but the Cranberry & Blueberry Biscotti at Apple & Spice are inspiring me to make another batch.
- Crepes are wonderful for dessert and snacks, but nothing beats a good crepe filled with jam for breakfast. One look at the Plum Crepes that Garrett at Vanilla Garlic was lucky enough to eat the other day should confirm that. Try checking out a local farmer’s market for fresh jam, or try to find Sarabeth’s Cherry Plum spreadable fruit at the grocery store (it’s a favorite).
And finally, as a follow-up to last week’s fair food mention, take a look at Joe’s post on his trip to the Minnesota State Fair. Sloppy Joe on a Stick, anyone? How about Hot Dish on a Stick or Scotch Eggs on Sticks, instead?